Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Love is “Waiting” (1)

Love is “Waiting”(1)


When I was in elementary school, I always tried to memorize the multiplication tables after supper.

Day by day, I would go and on memorizing after school.

Finally, it was the day when I succeeded.


My parents were full of smiles, and I was really proud of myself.


Since I was a slow learner, being anxious, I would always complain to my parents. 


My parents would then just smile and pat my shoulders.


Looking at my exam papers full of red marks just like a red shower, they would have been more anxious than me thinking, "What if my child is way behind others?" 


But they would never push me to study, but waited until I did well by myself. 


Thinking of how my parents in my childhood, I believe my parents' life was an “endless waiting.” 


When I was in my mother's womb, they waited for me to be born for a time of 10 months.


Even when I first started to walk, when I first started to talk, they waited.


I would cry day and night and would have annoyed them, not wanting to be apart from them for even a moment. 



Though I got sick frequently making them always feel anxious, all that they remembered about me was a cute little baby toddling and saying "mommy or daddy."


Though I was slow and lacking compared to other children, they would think it's their entire fault and felt sorry. 



They would always take care of me as an apple of their eyes, fed me the best food, and always prayed for me to grow well.


Parents call this kind of love, "the elders' love for the young," or "parental love."


The source of this love comes from the continuous time of waiting, and from the infinite belief towards their child. 



Our Heavenly Parents, who came down to this earth to find Their lost children...


Our Heavenly Parents' love is much more than that.

 http://wmscog.org/index.php/since-god-in-the-new-testament-is-the-singular-form-heavenly-mother-does-not-exist/





From now on, I will love my brothers and sisters, even the parts they are lacking, understand, help them, and walk the way of the gospel work which God is pleased with.

No comments:

Post a Comment